As you can tell, a lot has been on my mind lately.
I’ve thought in depth about this decision. This is what I’ve come up with so far….
Pros of moving back to Vancouver:
– Family. First. Foremost. Always.
– Closer to San Fran. Orange County. Seattle. Monterey.
– Closer to Nordstroms, South Coast Plaza. Still the highest grossing $/SqrFt Nordstroms in the country.
– Closer to the Grove. Still one of the best outdoor malls ever.
– Closer to Pier 69, the Wharf, Monterey Bay Aquarium, and of course my beloved San Francisco Giants.
– The true Wine Country.
– I would get to golf more often. Way More Often.
– Closer to Disneyland.
– Ocean. Mountains. Trees. All in one breath.
– DIM SUM.
– Home Turf Advantage. I was only gone for 10 years, but it’s still and always was home.
– Strawberry picking, Apple picking, Peaches, Raspberries, Blueberries.
– Won’t ever be missing birthdays, Easters, Thanksgivings, Christmases, Celebrate and visits for the sake of visitings.
– Seattle Seahawks Season’s Tickets. Oh and Garlic Fries.
– 3 Hour Time Advantage on everything sports related. NFL Sunday games start at 10am! Monday Night Football starts at 5pm!
– BC Greenery
– Xmas vacation will now only be a drive instead of a 7-10 day booking, plus flights, plus time spent, plus rental car, plus chaos.
– Sushi. Right out of the water. Seafood. Right out of the water.
– Relaxing, calming the blood pressure, slower pace of life. Control.
– Canucks Playoff Hockey.
– 3am girls are 11pm girls.
Cons of Leaving Toronto:
– Shows. Musicals. Tours. Concerts. Sports.
– I’m gonna miss JJ12 winning his third Grey Cup and second in a row!
– Jay-Z shows. Whether in Toronto or NY, I’ve already been to 4 in 10 years (with 50 Cent, Heart of the City Tour, Blueprint 3 Tour, Watch the Throne Tour (twice)).
– Music in general, new music, up and coming music.
– YYZ – NYC in a hop, skip, and a jump.
– Farther from the FAO Schwartz flagship store (but we will be taking the girls there one day).
– Farther from the Brooklyn Bridge, Brooklyn Heights.
– Would miss Dutch Dreams.
– Would miss the creature comforts that have served us incredibly well over the last 10 years.
– Opportunities, Buzz, Busy-ness of Toronto. Commerce, Trade, Hullabulloo.
– Opportunities tied into Headquarters that are all here. Well, most of them.
– Caribana. Salsa On St Clair, Taste of Danforth, Winterlicious, The Harbourfront.
– 3am girls.
– The Multiculturalism, Food, Peoples, Immigrants, Different backgrounds, different stories.
– Great Friends, True Friends, People I would forever go to war for if ever needed. There are no borders on those.
And with this, I leave a Legacy. The Imprint I left on Retail, the Retail Community, the Inner Circle, the Outer Circle, the Old Boy’s Club, the Garmentos, they all know me.
Nothing has yet been signed or decided, but it is still what keeps me up at night.
Song of the Day: Mama I Made It – Jay-Z